The Cross-Cultural Art Exchange is a project where art students from around the world collaborate to create mixed-culture art. The 2019-2020 Art Exchange was between Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA and her sister city, Lanzhou, Gansu, China.
Over the course of the 2019-2020 school year, six Albuquerque students and six Lanzhou students worked together from over 7,000 miles apart to create twelve beautiful, mixed-culture paintings, bringing them to life with our defining differences.
Learn more about this project!
- To know more about the overall outline of this project, please take a look at the Project Synopsis
- To see a detailed documentation of everything that happened, check out our Timeline
- To take a look at each student’s individual process, click on either the Lanzhou Team or Albuquerque Team under Individual Pieces
- To view our current pieces and progress, scroll through our Cross-Cultural Gallery
- To learn about the contrasts we noticed and knowledge we gained, visit Cross-Cultural Contrasts
This project was funded by the Albuquerque Academy Ogawa Community Service Leadership Award and the ACES-NM Young Asian-American Student Award